Get A Quote


You should insure your cycle for the full Recommended Retail Price.
Please refer to our FAQs below for more information.


Please select your current age.If you are over 85 years of age, please telephone our office on 0208 0033 190

Quote Indicator.INCLUDES ALL TAXES AND £2.50 ADMIN FEEicon-chevron-upViewClose
Awaiting Input
First add your details to get a quote

Our cover

Competition Use

You can extend your policy to include cover whilst using your cycle to take part in competitions such as cyclo-cross or triathlons 

Public Liability

Protects you against claims from a third party which could include; a pedestrian, another cyclist or a motorist. Choose from either £1 million or £2 million cover

Personal Accident

Provides you with a capital sum if you are involved in a serious accident whilst using your cycle. You can choose a level of cover to suit your needs.

Accidental Damage & Theft

The two “must have” covers are both included in our policy.  Loss of your cycle by “Theft” is provided at, and away from your home. 

Legal Expenses

We provide £100,000 of cover. This is essential for persons using their cycle on busy roads and can help with making a claim for injury or damages against a third party.

Replacement Cycle Hire

Ideal if you need your cycle to travel to work or to take part in an event such as Cyclo-Cross or a Triathlon and your own cycle is unavailable following theft or damage.

Accessories, Helmets & Clothing

Inclusive insurance for your cycle accessories or specialist helmets & clothing. You can increase the sum insured limits if required

European Use

Your policy automatically includes up to 45 days use in the European Union. This will also include:

Andorra, Gibraltar, Iceland, Madeira, Monaco, Norway and Switzerland.


Who can ride my cycles ?

Our quotations are based on one rider only, if you want more than one rider you will need to add the "Family Use" extension under the optional extras.

How to make a complaint

We wish to provide all our customers with an excellent service but if you are unhappy in any way, details of how to make a complaint are contained within your summary of cover/ terms of business agreement and policy document. We sell policies that are arranged by both insurance companies and at Lloyd’s of London. There are different complaint procedures for insurers and Lloyd’s of London

If you are unsure of how to make a complaint, please contact us on

If your policy has been arranged at Lloyd’s of London and you remain dissatisfied with the response you receive from us, you may if you wish, refer your complaint to Lloyd’s. Lloyd’s will investigate the matter and provide a final response. Lloyd’s contact details are as follows:

Complaints Lloyd’s One Lime Street London EC3M 7HA

Email: Telephone: +44 (0)20 7327 5693

Fax: +44 (0)20 7327 5225


Ultimately, should you remain dissatisfied with Lloyd’s final response, you may, if eligible, refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The Financial Ombudsman Service is an independent service in the UK for settling disputes between consumers and businesses providing financial services.

The FOS’s contact details are as follows: Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower London E14 9SR


Telephone: +44 (0)300 123 9 123


European Online Dispute Resolution Service

We do recommend following the complaints procedure as outlined in your official documentation but If you have purchased any products from us online, or by other electronic means and within the European Union (EU) you may refer your complaint to the EU Online dispute Resolution (ODR) platform. Upon receipt of your complaint the ODR will escalate your complaint to your local dispute resolution service – this process is free and conducted entirely online.

EU on-line dispute resolution service.

Can I use my cycle for business purposes ?

No - We cannot cover cycles used for any trade or business purposes.

Can you insure Electric Bicycles (Including Northern Ireland)

Yes we can insure electric bicycles . However, they must satisfy EAPC rules. If they do not satisfy EAPC rules, we are unable to provide insurance and you should not buy cover from this website. Please note you are responsible to make sure that your bicycle complies with the law.

The bike must be fitted with pedals that can be used to drive it forward helped by an electric motor. The cycle:

1. must have a maximum power output of no more than 250 watts

2. must not be able to propel the bike when it's travelling more than 15.5 mph (25kph)


An electric bike (EAPC) must display both:

  • the power output and manufacturer of the motor


  • the battery’s voltage or maximum speed of the bike

Please note we are unable to insure any cycle more powerful than the above even if it is capable of being restricted and we do not insure cycles used for any form of business use such as food delivery.

If you are in any doubt, please call our office on 0208 0033 190

For more information on what constitutes an EAPC please visit

Do you Insure persons under 18 ?

We cannot issue policies for persons under the age of 18. We can insure additional family members who are 14 years old and above, providing you tick the " Family Use" optional extra box

Do you insure cycles with carbon frames

Yes, we insure cycles with carbon frames. We cannot insure cycles with carbon body shells fitted around the frame. These types of cycle are unusual designed for sheer speed for example, to try and attempt to break land speed records, the body shell is added to make the cycle more aerodynamic.

How much should I insure my cycle for?

It is very important to make sure your sum insured is accurate to ensure that we are able to replace your cycle. When new models are released, they often increase in price and thus you should check your sum insured annually to make sure they are adequate.

If you are in any doubt as to the new replacement cost, please consult your cycle dealer.

You should insure your cycle/components for their replacement cost as new, ignoring any discount you may have received as a "special offer" from the retailer or place of purchase.

Please read the following on how we will settle cycle claims.

We will repair, replace or pay for any lost or damaged Cycle, Accessories, and Helmets & Clothing on the following basis:

1. for any standard Cycle, Accessories, Helmets & Clothing the cost of repair or replacement as new;

2. for any discontinued Cycle, Accessories, Helmets & Clothing, the cost of repair or replacement with item(s) of a similar type or equivalent specification;

3. for any hybrid or composite Cycle, Accessories, Helmets & Clothing, where the parts have been individually purchased, we will pay the replacement cost of the individual components;

4. where We can repair or replace an item but You request and We agree to a cash settlement, We will only pay what it would cost Us to repair or replace the item through Our preferred suppliers; but in no event will We pay more than the Sums Insured shown in the Schedule or as limited below

Under Insurance

Please note If, at the time of theft or damage, the amount Insured is less than 85% of the value of the Cycle, Accessories, Helmets & Clothing shown in the Schedule amount We pay will be reduced in the same proportion as the under insurance.

Yes, cover is provided up to £100,000 but please be aware, the insurers will want to appoint a legal advisor of their choice and there must be a reasonable prospect of success.

Do I have to provide you with my cycle serial number?

No, although we think it is a good idea if you do so. 

You should be aware that if you need to make a claim, we will require you to provide us with documentation or other evidence which clearly demonstrates ownership of the property and helps substantiate your claim, for example: original purchase receipts, bank or credit card statements, instruction booklets, photographs, the remains of the Approved Lock and/or the keys. 

We will only ask for information relevant to your claim and we will pay for any reasonable expenses you incur in providing us with this information.

Can I use my cycle abroad?

Yes all of our polices come with a free 45 day European extension in any one period of insurance. We also include Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Monaco, Madeira, Gibraltar and Andorra.

If you want us to consider a longer period or you intend to travel further afield, give us a call on 0208 0033 190 and we’ll see what we can do.

Some of the bikes we cover